Here is a simple and healthy cupcake recipe that even my daughter LOVES!
- 1 1/2 c oat flour
- 2/3 c unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 c coconut sugar
- 1/2 c + 2 tbsp of water
- 1/2 c of non dairy milk
- 3 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1/4 c pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 – 1/2 c of vegan chocolate chunks or chips (optional)
- Cupcake liners and a cupcake baking sheet!
- Pre-heat oven to 350*
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Add all wet ingredients in with the dry.
- Mix really well!
- Add in the chocolate chips, if using.
- Pour mixture into your tray lined with cupcake liners. I use a spoon to pour the mixture…less messy!
- Bake for 16 minutes!
- When timer goes off, poke a cupcake with a toothpick to make sure they are completely done (make sure what’s on your toothpick is not melted chocolate chip). 🙂
- Enjoy all the cupcakes you can until you can’t take anymore!
- Pass it on to your friends!
For a little sweeter cupcakes, I usually like to add 1 or 2 extra tbsp of maple syrup, or coconut sugar. It is totally up to you and your preference for sweet. Coconut sugar will provide a somewhat nuttier type of sweetness, but it is low glycemic. If that is not a concern for you, and you like things super sweet…go for the maple syrup! Just taste your batter and you will know if you want more or not.
Also, I am not a big fan of frosting, and I don’t think these cupcakes require any…But if you would like to add frosting. I would recommend a coconut cream frosting! I may play around with some and come back to post my favorite soon!